Showroom Sales Consultant (NYC)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our sales team are the front line of service for our wood flooring clients, with first-hand product and technical knowledge for homeowners, designers, architects, contractors and developers. The Sales Consultant harnesses the ability to deliver the high quality customer experience, and guide clients through the wood flooring selection and purchasing journey.
• Dealing with customers providing consultancy advice throughout the sales process to promote the Havwoods brand and win a sale
• Proactive and warm/cold calling existing and new potential clients
• Understanding the clients need and qualifying the opportunity to ensure the appropriate product in terms of budget and client environment is proposed.
• Ensuring the client is followed up during the sales process and receives all the information required to make the buying decision.
• Raising sales orders and ensuring stock is allocated
• Have a full understanding of the products in the Wood Book and any new products that are introduced into the Wood Book.
• Monitor personal monthly targets. Report on monthly forecast for sales out and update sector leader on current/expected status for month.
• Manage order delivery stage including; liaising with purchasing team regarding stock and supply chain
• Manage order delivery stage including; requesting and managing call off schedules adding break down to Sales order confirmations
• Liaise with accounts regarding customer accounts, deposit invoices, payments etc
• Keep log of all open orders– helps to keep track of anything waiting to go or anything that has gone past delivery date.
• Lead generation
• Number of follow ups
• Conversion rates
• Pipeline Management
• $ Sales In & Out
• $ Quotes and # Quotes
• System Compliance
The successful candidate will have an overriding passion for customer service, and possess strong & persuasive communication skills. In addition, their experience, skillset and qualification will include the below:
• Bachelor's or similar education, highly experienced at serving customers and developing client relationships.
• Sales driven to achieve outstanding results.
• Strong team player with positive attitude.
• Ability to take direction and change direction as instructed by line managers and always remaining flexible.
• Brand ambassador for the Havwoods brand.
• Passion for interiors, design and creativity, always seeking new ideas to evolve and improve the value of the customer’s visit to the showroom.
• Self-motivational personality with high level of integrity.
• Outstanding prioritizing skills.
• Ability to receive feedback constructively for the benefit of the business.
• Strong communicator who shares information and ideas with colleagues and celebrates successes together with others.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with strong emotional intelligence & ability to build and harness successful internal and external relationships.
• Comfortable working in both a small team, and the wider Havwoods Group of companies