Grey Wood Floors
Dark grey wood floors have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for very good reasons. Grey is a chic and versatile shade. It is both soothing and sophisticated. It is neutral, easily adapting to any colour palate. And it can be either cool or warm, depending on whether you opt for a shade with blue/green undertones, or one on the red spectrum. It is also a colour which is very natural for wood - think of the beautiful, mellow silvery shade oak turns when left untreated.
ARE GREY WOOD FLOORS IN STYLE?
Yes, grey is here to stay! Grey wood flooring edged onto the design market several years ago and has since become a popular choice among home and business owners.
Grey wood can either affect a cool or warm aesthetic, depending upon whether you opt for a shade with blue/green undertones, or one on the red spectrum. It is also a colour which is very natural for wood - think of the beautiful, mellow silvery shade oak turns when left untreated.
But, grey hasn’t just become a chic wood flooring solution. It has completely overtaken interior and exterior design, for both residential and commercial design concepts. We don’t see grey going out of style any time soon.
WHAT COLOURS COORDINATE WITH GREY WOOD FLOORS?
Because grey is a neutral shade, it can be used to create an effective contrast in your space. If you’d like to incorporate a grey wood floor into your interior design, you’re in luck, as a grey floor will work well with most colour palettes.
Whether light or dark, we’ve found that grey works best when coordinated with:
- • Aqua
- • Green
- • Black
- • White
- • Rose pink
- • Sun yellow
- • Cherry red
- • Violet
- • Teal
Try out different swatches with a free flooring sample to see how a grey floor might look against your shortlisted wall and furnishing colours.
SHOULD I CHOOSE A LIGHT OR DARK SHADE OF GREY?
Not sure which shade of grey to choose? We have good news. Choosing a shade of grey is less about which variant is better, and more about the other colours in your space, as well as the impression you’d like to create. In general, grey can create a modern or rustic aesthetic if washed out, and easily compliments finer details in the business or home.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LIGHT GREY WOOD FLOOR?
- • Lighting: Light-coloured reflects light, which means light shades of grey are a great way to brighten up a room.
- • Maintenance: Lighter shades of grey are more effective at hiding dirt and pet hair, but aren’t necessarily easier to clean than dark grey wood.
- • Aesthetics: If you plan to include darker coloured furnishings or wall paint, you may want to create a contrast with a light grey floor.
- • Spaciousness: Light grey will make smaller spaces appear larger in size.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING DARK GREY WOOD FLOORING?
- • Maintenance: Dark grey wood will likely show more dust and pet hair, but it isn’t necessarily more difficult to clean than light wood floors.
- • Modern Design: If a contemporary or modern aesthetic is the objective of your interior design concept, a darker grey will be more likely to achieve the result you’re looking for.
- • Cohesion: For large spaces or open plan homes and apartments, dark grey will create a cohesive design in your space.
WHY CHOOSE GREY WOOD FLOORING FROM HAVWOODS?
- • We source the best European oak: We source our grey wood floors from the finest European oak timber mills.
- • Delivery: All UK mainland orders of £500 or more in value are delivered free of charge on a 3-4 working day service. For any orders less than this value we charge a nominal fee of £25. If your need is more urgent please check out our delivery options.
- • Sustainability matters: We source our grey wood from reliable and ethical suppliers, because the environment matters.
- • See your new floor before buying: We encourage you to order a sample of our grey wood flooring products so you can see the personality they could bring to your space. You can also visit a Havwoods showroom in Chelsea, Carnforth, Knutsford and Clerkenwell to learn more about your chosen products.