Sales Consultant - Projects (LA)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our sales team are the front line of service for our wood flooring clients, with first-hand product and technical knowledge for homeowners, designers, architects, contractors and developers.
The Sales Consultant - Projects role is to convert the leads from the relevant Havwoods’ market sector into orders and sales.
This is an ‘in-house’ sales role, conducted mainly by phone, email, and other IT supporting tools. It includes all activities part of the selling process, such as leads management; leads qualification; identification and articulation of prospects’ needs into wood flooring solutions; pricing and quoting to win (and be aligned with margins targets); proactively following the sales process and all activities needed to succeed including resilient relationships with all stakeholders involved; closing the sales and agreeing all the terms and conditions; ensuring the orders are invoiced and shipped in a timely manner; and other similar activities.
This particular sales consultant role would be focussing on Projects (Apartments, Hotels & Workspace) sectors of Havwoods which are emerging/growing and you would be a vital part of its continued growth and success.
· Accountable for leads generation (mainly from A&D firms, but not limited to), qualification and conversion into sales.
· Managing leads from various sources, from initial enquiry to follow through to conversion rate
· Managing and building a high quality of relationship with the client to increase the generation of leads by referral
· To operate with a high degree of autonomy, and make decisions for the business
· Use the Company’s systems and tools to track leads and conversions to enable management reporting
· Operating with a high degree of flexibility in working hours, to attend social events, nights away from home, support exhibition organization and deliveries. International travel will be required, as well as being on-duty during outside regular office hours
· Responsibility for translating, predicting and shaping trends into product development
· Organization and delivery of CPDs to RIBA accredited architects, inviting representatives from architects’ practices to attend CPD events, either at their premises and/or Havwoods’ showrooms and/or any other premises
· Attending networking events
· Achieving targets for converting leads into sales
· Quality of reporting on leads and progress on converting them
· Quality of client/specifiers relationships and customer satisfaction
· Feedback from public speaking and events
Skills & Experience:
· You must have strong and persuasive communication skills, as well as excellent customer service skills and have the ability to build good rapport with customers.
· The candidate must have an overriding passion to strengthen the Havwoods brand and reputation, these include:
· Influence skills
· Multiple-level relationships and network building, as well as management skills
· Strong team and collaborative-working ability
· Excellent & consistent communication skills, both written and oral
· Strategic planning
· Decision-making and autonomy
· Adaptability and commitment
· Result focused and driven
· Problem solving, as well as ability to think laterally and creatively
· CRM and various sales management IT tool
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Wood floor knowledge, able to explain diverse product ranges and suggest products design, including on all other flooring types
· Experience selling flooring into residential and commercial specification market
· Ability to network with architects, specifiers etc.
· Confident public speaking and communicating with impact
· Good understanding projects’ value (either financial and/or strategic) and future potential
· Seeks out opportunities proactively and consistently, with a resilience to setbacks