Dark Wood Floors
Make an elegant and bold statement in any room with our gorgeous dark wood flooring. Choose from a range of dark wood flooring shades and find the perfect colour to match your design concept.
Dark timber brings a degree of modern richness and polish to any room. It's the perfect foundation from which to create a space that's also a design masterpiece.
We offer Virtual Showroom Appointments! Contact us for more info.
What elements of room design coordinate with dark wood floors?
Dark wood flooring offers a versatile foundation that can work with almost any element of room design.
You should coordinate the following furnishings and finishings with your dark wood floor:
- Wall artwork
- Light fittings
- Paint colours
What colours work best with dark wood flooring?
Coordinating the colour palette of your space is essential to creating the right environment and atmosphere.
You should choose furniture that is at least a shade or two lighter than the dark wood to prevent the space feeling dark or dreary. Depending on your desired aesthetic, we’ve found the best furniture colours that coordinate well with dark timber flooring to be:
- Light brown
- Dark red
These colours brighten interior spaces, as they contrast well with dark wood, uplifting the mood within the room to a vibrant and sophisticated atmosphere.
What colour rug should go on dark wood floors?
A rug is a welcome addition to any room with a dark wood floor. If you’re unsure which colour works best with dark timber, we recommend light browns, creams, greens or dark reds.
Dark timber is available in these flooring designs
Dark wood flooring is available in the following designs at Havwoods:
Dark wood flooring is available in which Havwoods product ranges?
Looking for dark timber in a particular Havwoods product range? We currently stock dark timber in these products:
Why choose Havwoods Dark Wood Flooring?
We have been supplying Dark Wood Flooring for over 40 years and we are dedicated to ensuring our customers receive high-quality timber products. Our commitment has led to us becoming the leading timber flooring suppliers on the Australian market. The Havwoods difference is:
- Only the finest European timber: We don’t compromise quality. Our wood is sourced from the most reputable European oak timber mills so our customers are always satisfied.
- Delivery-Australia wide: We deliver Australia-wide between the hours of 8am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. We also offer pick-up services at our National distribution facility in Rutherford, NSW if this is more convenient for you.
We are now offering virtual showroom appointments
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Havwoods is now offering virtual showroom appointments. From the comfort of your own home, you’ll receive a personalised consultation and tour online. Contact us now to book your appointment!
There are some important changes and considerations in place to ensure the safety of you and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In booking a showroom appointment, you agree to the following in accordance with public health guidelines:
- A maximum of 1 guest per appointment with one Havwoods consultant
- No physical contact with staff
- All guests are to use provided hand sanitiser at the start of the appointment
- Bathrooms are available for hand washing
- If you are unwell, please do not book an appointment.
- A strict time limit of 30 minutes will be followed for appointments
We appreciate your understanding during these times and look forward to meeting with you for your complimentary 30 minute consultation with our experts.