WHAT IS INTERIOR WALL CLADDING?
Cladding is traditionally used on building exteriors, to make a surface look like it is made from a different material than the original construction.
Recently, however, wall cladding has become a popular decorative choice for interior spaces. It can be used to add a feature wall in your home or business, or provide a consistent aesthetic with other design elements in the space.
Havwoods currently stock products for use as cladding in timber, faux brick, and cork tiles.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TIMBER WALL CLADDING FOR INTERIOR SPACES?
Timber wall cladding offers a number of benefits when specified for interior renovation projects:
- Easy Installation: Timber is lighter in weight compared with other traditionally used cladding materials, which means installation is faster and simpler.
- Sustainable: Timber’s thermal conductivity is much lower than steel and concrete, which reduces the energy needed to heat or cool your interior space.
- Versatility: Because wood can be stained, painted or weathered for design, timber cladding is versatile to any design concept you wish to implement in your space.
- Design: The unique nature of reclaimed timber means they’ll add personality to your space unparalleled by other types of timber.
- Durability: Timber cladding, when properly maintained and cared for, can last for many years. It’s also highly impact resistant, which is great if used on business premises, or in homes with children and pets.
WHERE ELSE IS CLADDING USED?
Wall cladding is used in construction as a skin or layer of material that bolsters the strength of a wall. Cladding strengthens a wall by:
- Preventing wind or rain from entering the building
- Providing a fire resistant layer of materials
- Providing thermal insulation
- Soundproofing against external noise
At Havwoods, however, our cladding is used on interior walls for decorative purposes.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACADE AND CLADDING?
Facade cladding is the outer layer or skin of a building. It is comprised of panels, profiles, and other materials, which are attached to the exterior structure, particularly the entrance to create a design feature. Havwoods cladding is intended for use on interior walls to complement the other design elements of your room.
WHY CHOOSE TIMBER CLADDING FROM HAVWOODS?
At Havwoods, we’re all about timber flooring, but we also take wall cladding very seriously. With over 40 years experience in the timber flooring and wall cladding industries, you can be sure that with us you’ve found the best timber products on the Australian market:
- We source the best European oak: Your wall cladding is sourced from the most reputable European oak timber mills.
- Delivery Australia-wide: We’ll deliver your wall cladding panels to any safe and accessible site in Australia, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Sustainability matters: We source our wall cladding from reliable and ethical suppliers, because the environment matters.
- See your new feature wall before buying: All our timber cladding products are available for order as a free sample, so you can be sure you’ve chosen the right feature wall. You can also visit a Havwoods showroom in Sydney, Newcastle or Melbourne to learn more about your chosen products.
We are now offering virtual showroom appointments
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Havwoods is now offering virtual showroom appointments. From the comfort of your own home, you’ll receive a personalised consultation and tour online. Contact us now to book your appointment!