Black Wood Flooring
No room is over or underdressed with a black timber floor. Black wood is a truly sophisticated interior flooring option for any residential or commercial situation.
All of our black timber floors will work spectacularly with brights, whites, or neutral colour schemes, and with any design style. In truth, some of our selection is closer to the dark bitter brown of a really good chocolate than they are to jet black, but, when laid, will create just as impressive visual drama.
We offer Virtual Showroom Appointments. Contact us for more info.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE COLOUR BLACK?
Black is one of the few colours that can seamlessly be incorporated into any design. It has a full-spectrum status when it comes to meaning and aesthetic. In design, black has been traditionally used to evoke feelings of:
Perhaps the most important thing that makes black special is that it is chic, and always on-trend. Black never goes out of fashion, in any industry.
WHAT COLOURS SHOULD YOU CONTRAST WITH BLACK WOOD?
Like white wood, black wood is incredibly versatile. It can be used to create extreme contrast with almost any colour, particularly lighter or neutral shades.
We’ve found black wood pairs well with:
- Dandelion yellow
- Lime green
- Royal blue
These colours pop when paired with black, but you could also choose from a range of other available shades.
CAN YOU STAIN OR PAINT HARDWOOD FLOORS BLACK?
Yes, you can apply an ebony stain to hardwood. This will stain the grain lines of the wood a light black, while the rest of the floor will be darker, almost jet black. Generally the longer the stain is left on the wood, the darker the wood will be.
This process is lengthy and if handled without experience can be significantly challenging, particularly for larger spaces.
Our black timber floors are made from engineered timber, and come prefinished with the ebony stain applied. This means you’ll get the chic black timber floor you need for your space, without having to stain the timber yourself.
WHAT HAVWOODS PRODUCT RANGES FEATURE BLACK WOOD FLOORING?
Havwoods has a limited, but stylish selection of black timber flooring products available in the following product ranges:
WHY CHOOSE BLACK TIMBER FLOORS FROM HAVWOODS?
- The finest black European timber: Our timber flooring products are sourced from the finest European oak mills.
- Delivery Australia-wide: We’ll deliver your black wood floor to any safe and accessible site in Australia, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Sustainability matters: We ensure our black timber products are sourced from reliable and ethical wood suppliers, because the environment matters.
- See your favourite floors before buying: Our timber flooring range is online, available for order as a free sample, so you can be sure you’ve chosen the right floor. You can also visit a Havwoods showroom in Sydney, Newcastle or Melbourne to learn more about your chosen products.
We are now offering virtual showroom appointments
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Havwoods is now offering virtual showroom appointments. From the comfort of your own home, you’ll receive a personalised consultation and tour online. Contact us now to book your appointment!
There are some important changes and considerations in place to ensure the safety of you and our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In booking a showroom appointment, you agree to the following in accordance with public health guidelines:
- A maximum of 1 guest per appointment with one Havwoods consultant
- No physical contact with staff
- All guests are to use provided hand sanitiser at the start of the appointment
- Bathrooms are available for hand washing
- If you are unwell, please do not book an appointment.
- A strict time limit of 30 minutes will be followed for appointments
We appreciate your understanding during these times and look forward to meeting with you for your complimentary 30 minute consultation with our experts.