ARE GREY WOOD FLOORS IN STYLE?
Yes, grey is here to stay! Grey timber flooring edged onto the design market several years ago and has since become a popular choice among home and business owners.
Grey wood can either affect a cool or warm aesthetic, depending upon whether you opt for a shade with blue/green undertones, or one on the red spectrum. It is also a colour which is very natural for wood - think of the beautiful, mellow silvery shade oak turns when left untreated.
But, grey hasn’t just become a chic timber flooring solution. It has completely overtaken interior and exterior design, for both residential and commercial design concepts. We don’t see grey going out of style any time soon.
WHAT COLOURS COORDINATE WITH GREY WOOD FLOORS?
Because grey is a neutral shade, it can be used to create an effective contrast in your space. If you’d like to incorporate a grey wood floor into your interior design, you’re in luck, as a grey floor will work well with most colour palettes.
Whether light or dark, we’ve found that grey works best when coordinated with:
- Rose pink
- Sun yellow
- Cherry red
Try out different swatches with a free flooring sample to see how a grey floor might look against your shortlisted wall and furnishing colours.
SHOULD I CHOOSE A LIGHT OR DARK SHADE OF GREY?
Not sure which shade of grey to choose? We have good news. Choosing a shade of grey is less about which variant is better, and more about the other colours in your space, as well as the impression you’d like to create. In general, grey can create a modern or rustic aesthetic if washed out, and easily compliments finer details in the business or home.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LIGHT GREY TIMBER FLOOR?
- Lighting: Light-coloured timber reflects light, which means light shades of grey are a great way to brighten up a room.
- Maintenance: Lighter shades of grey are more effective at hiding dirt and pet hair, but aren’t necessarily easier to clean than dark grey wood.
- Aesthetics: If you plan to include darker coloured furnishings or wall paint, you may want to create a contrast with a light grey floor.
- Spaciousness: Light grey timber will make smaller spaces appear larger in size.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING DARK GREY WOOD FLOORING?
- Maintenance: Dark grey wood will likely show more dust and pet hair, but it isn’t necessarily more difficult to clean than light wood floors.
- Modern Design: If a contemporary or modern aesthetic is the objective of your interior design concept, a darker grey will be more likely to achieve the result you’re looking for.
- Cohesion: For large spaces or open plan homes and apartments, dark grey will create a cohesive design in your space.
WHAT FLOORING DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN GREY WOOD?
We offer grey wood floors in the following stylish flooring designs:
WHICH HAVWOODS PRODUCT RANGES FEATURE GREY TIMBER FLOORING?
From the chic Italian Collection to the new Trekker Composite Decking range, a large selection of Havwoods flooring products are available in grey timber:
WHY CHOOSE GREY TIMBER FLOORING FROM HAVWOODS?
We have over 40 years experience providing customers with the highest quality grey timber flooring products.
All Havwoods customers can rest assured that they will receive:
- The finest European timber: We source our grey timber floors from the finest European oak timber mills.
- Delivery Australia-wide: We’ll deliver your grey wood floor to any safe and accessible site in Australia, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Sustainability matters: We ensure our products are sourced from reliable and ethical wood suppliers, because the environment matters.
- See your favourite floors before buying: Our timber flooring range is online, available for order as a free sample, so you can be sure you’ve chosen the right floor. You can also visit a Havwoods showroom in Sydney, Newcastle or Melbourne to learn more about your chosen products.
We are now offering virtual showroom appointments
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Havwoods is now offering virtual showroom appointments. From the comfort of your own home, you’ll receive a personalised consultation and tour online. Contact us now to book your appointment!