WHAT COLOURS COORDINATE WITH BROWN?
Brown is a neutral shade, known for its earthy hues and natural aesthetic. It’s a versatile colour, used to create both modern and rustic designs. Brown can be made to work with most colours, depending upon how much is incorporated into the design compared with the other colours on your palette.
We’ve found that brown works best when coordinated with:
- Rose pink
This is by no means an exclusive list, as different shades of brown will create unique aesthetics.
WHAT ROOM DESIGN ELEMENTS SHOULD YOU COORDINATE WITH YOUR BROWN WOOD FLOOR?
There really is no limit to how many room design elements you can coordinate with a brown wood floor. Trust your instincts and creative eye, as the answer will depend on the space in question and the concept guiding the renovation.
You could choose to coordinate these elements of your design with a brown timber floor:
- Light fittings
- Paint colours
- Wall hangings
Keep in mind that as a neutral shade, brown wood is a design-friendly choice for most furniture, paint and decor that you might be considering.
SHOULD I CHOOSE A LIGHT OR DARK BROWN WOOD FLOOR?
There’s both advantages and disadvantages to choosing either dark or light brown shades of wood:
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING LIGHT BROWN WOOD FLOORING?
- Lighting: Light-coloured timber reflects light, which means light shades of brown are a great way to brighten up a room.
- Maintenance: Light brown wood is easy to clean and hides most marks and scratches.
- Aesthetics: While it is thought that dark brown wood is timeless, so too is bright and spacious light brown.
- Spaciousness: Light brown wood opens up a room and gives the impression that it’s larger in size.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING DARK BROWN WOOD FLOORING?
- Maintenance: Dark wood floors aren’t necessarily easier to clean than light wood flooring, but they do conceal dirt more easily than lighter shades of timber.
- Aesthetics: If you want a floor with sharp contrast to light coloured furniture, walls or decor, dark timber will create the talking point you’re looking for in your space.
- Luxury: Homes that feature a dark brown timber floor seem to have an inherent sense of luxury and beauty, emphasised by the natural grain.
- Durability: Dark wood floors are less prone to fading, because they absorb sunlight rather than reflecting it. Because they’re dark in tone, scratches and dents are less noticeable on darker timber floors.
WHAT FLOORING DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN BROWN WOOD?
Already know which flooring design you’d like in your space or want to know what’s available in brown? Havwoods currently stocks brown timber products in these flooring designs:
WHAT HAVWOODS PRODUCT RANGES FEATURE BROWN WOOD FLOORING?
Most of Havwoods’ timber flooring products can be purchased in brown engineered floor boards, also suited for use as wall cladding panels:
WHY CHOOSE BROWN TIMBER FLOORS FROM HAVWOODS?
Havwoods have been supplying brown timber floors of all shades for over 40 years. With the highest quality timber flooring products on the Australian market, our customers will receive:
- The finest European timber: Your brown timber floor is sourced from the most reputable European oak timber mills.
- Delivery Australia-wide: We’ll deliver your brown wood floor to any safe and accessible site in Australia, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Sustainability matters: We ensure our products are sourced from reliable and ethical wood suppliers, because the environment matters.
- See your favourite floors before buying: Our timber flooring range is online, available for order as a free sample, so you can be sure you’ve chosen the right floor. You can also visit a Havwoods showroom in Sydney, Newcastle or Melbourne to learn more about your chosen products.
VISIT A HAVWOODS FLOORING SHOWROOM TO SEE THE BEAUTY OF A BROWN TIMBER FLOOR
We invite you to a Havwoods showroom in these Australian cities to see for yourself how a timber floor can create a talking point in your space:
Alternatively you can order a free sample of our products online, which will be delivered to any Australian address.
Have a question? Get in touch with our friendly team and we’ll help you decide which brown timber floor is the best choice for you.